Will my high school friend win a State Senate Seat for NM? My horary skills are a little rusty - I just don't do enough of them to stay current. Could the more experienced astrologers look this over for me, please? My high school friend (R), is running his first political race in NM. He is challenging a female Democrat incumbent who was appointed to the sea... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Will my high school friend win a State Senate Seat for NM? Replies: 1 Views: 2496 Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:08 pm Jump to post
These are the lunchtime lecture slots... Lunchtime lecture slots have a deadline of Sept 15. Actual presentation slots are only for astrologers with an established reputation in the community - there is too much money at stake to try out unproven astrologers at something as big as UAC. There is also a roommate coordinator for UAC, and I'm ... Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: Thinking about presenting at UAC... Replies: 3 Views: 4281 Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:12 pm Jump to post
Thinking about presenting at UAC... Thinking about presenting at UAC 2012, if I can just get the money together to register by Sept 15, and I need to come up with two possible topics - the selection committee will pick the best one. For the first topic, I'm thinking about doing "Synastry of the Great Love Affairs" - I want t... Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: Thinking about presenting at UAC... Replies: 3 Views: 4281 Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:35 pm Jump to post
Pluto and Persephone energy is everywhere these days,,, Pluto in Capricorn has a tendency to deliver to Saturn anything from the cornucopia his heart desires. And what the old men of Saturn want is a very young Persephone. Until this phase is exhausted around 2024, we will see more and more of this. Look at who else is in the news of late - Murdoch and h... Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: Doug Hutchinson (51) and Courtney Stodden (16) Replies: 7 Views: 7640 Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:44 pm Jump to post
Need help making up your mind, MatrixD MatrixD Don?t study Western horary and Vedic astrology at the same time. It?s too difficult. At the very least, take a class in horary, and dabble in Vedic astrology for awhile. Trust me on this. A good teacher makes horary astrology much easier to learn in the beginning. Horary is applied intuition... Forum: Horary & Electional Astrology Topic: Best Horary Astrology Course? Replies: 45 Views: 26744 Fri May 13, 2011 12:49 am Jump to post
Hi, Julie... Hi Julie, From a Vedic perspective: If you have a close Venus/Mars conjunction, you are said to be "the leader of your village." In other words, you lead your social sphere in some way. From a Western perspective: Mars is fallen, and the Moon is debilitated, harming both the 3rd (K-12 educ... Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: Venus and Marriage! Replies: 15 Views: 18827 Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:05 pm Jump to post
Misunderstood Venus.... From a Western classical perspective (as opposed to a Vedic perspective)Venus has other desires that may override the need to marry for love. She didn?t have the perfect husband in mythology either ? she was married off. A woman with a strong Venus marries for money. As soon as she no longer needs t... Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: Venus and Marriage! Replies: 15 Views: 18827 Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 pm Jump to post
Firmicus Maternus Matheseos Libri VIII by Firmicus Maternus As a newcomer to classical astrology, this is the first book that I felt comfortable with after reading some of CA and grasping about a third of it. At first, the techniques felt foreign to me. I understood sect, but struggled with the way a planet's meanin... Forum: Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques Topic: Traditional Book List II Replies: 46 Views: 28863 Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:19 am Jump to post
Give it up for BAF... OK, here goes the links to BAF...there's some very funny free stuff on this website. http://www.badassfrank.com/ Here is the link to the first four chapters of the book, Pimpin' Ain't Easy, which are available free on a link from the main website. http://www.badassfrank.com/bafpae/pimpin.pdf The res... Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: Mystery Horoscope Replies: 20 Views: 10805 Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:38 pm Jump to post
Yes, this guy is wonderful...I'm reading his book now and cracking up. The determination shows up in the asterism of the Vedic moon, and may show up in the western horoscope aspects, even without a birth time. The funny-as-hell humor is a little more elusive (may need a birth time for that.) Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: Mystery Horoscope Replies: 20 Views: 10805 Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:20 am Jump to post
Thanks, Kirk... Kirk, You're awesome. Somebody got my humor. Thanks for defending me against the heavy-handed, "sound" authoritarian, Goran (whose posts on other topics I have still found insightful). Would you believe the subject is a very funny porn king with his own cable TV show? If anyone wants to wo... Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: Mystery Horoscope Replies: 20 Views: 10805 Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:11 pm Jump to post
I have a similar chart.... I have a similar chart, and have also had a lot of problems developing close personal relationships. I am not one in currently, although I am a decade or more younger than the subject. The longest one I have been in was three years. I do tend to alternate between hope against hope and ?XXXX it, this... Forum: Nativities & General Astrology Topic: Natal chart of lonely single male Replies: 32 Views: 19563 Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:03 pm Jump to post