Albumasar stars rising with 36 facies 1 by margherita As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, I completed my translation from Latin of Albumasar pages about paranatellonta from the Great Introduction, from the version of John of Seville, never published. The Latin text in fact comes from the edited text collected by Richard Lemay and published for Istituto Orientale of Naples. I had many costs for copies and bibliography so unfortunately is not free, but it's very unexpensive (20 euro), so I hope someone will be interested. As usually every information in my blog. Margherita Traditional astrology at http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com Quote Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:15 pm
2 by Wolfgang Dear Gjiada, can you write the source, or the titel, from the German translation by Dyroff.(1903) b.r Wolfgang Quote Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 am
3 by margherita Wolfgang wrote:Dear Gjiada, can you write the source, or the titel, from the German translation by Dyroff.(1903) b.r Wolfgang Dyroff was an Arabist. He translated the text from Arab version of Albumasar, not from one of the Latin translations. It is in Franz Boll "Sphaera". Neue griechische Texte und Untersuchungen zur Geschichte der Sternbilder, Leipzig 1903 Franz Boll in fact discovered that Albumasar was using as source of paranatellonta pages the work of Teucer. It was the same Boll who published some years later in CCAG VII the quote of Teucer in Rhetorius. Margherita Traditional astrology at http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com Quote Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:14 pm
6 by Mark Hi Margherita, More generally your blog is looking wonderful. Much easier to use and find information. A real treasure-house of astrology. I just posted you there in reply to your article on Comet Lulin regards Mark Quote Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:41 pm
7 by Papretis Margherita, I just visited your site like a few times before, and found that you've indexed the articles that you've translated. There seems to be three articles about the temperament, and I opened the first one (Salernitan Medical School http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com/20 ... /#more-839 ) and got immidiatedly an answer to a burning question of the last couple of days. Thanks! Sari Quote Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:34 am
8 by margherita Papretis wrote: I opened the first one (Salernitan Medical School Sari Happy you liked. I believe very soon I will write more on temperaments, between a life duty and another Margherita Traditional astrology at http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com Quote Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:23 pm