Simply the World; The Outside Lands

1
I'm pleased to be able to report that I've just posted two papers by John P O'Grady on my site. They are 'Simply the World' and 'The Outside Land', and they present a view of astrology which is poetic in nature. I realise this kind of description is sometimes applied to articles which are just vague and confused, but that is definitely not the case here, these are really interesting pieces.

The link for them is:

http://www.astrozero.co.uk/articles/jp_ogrady.htm

2
Hi Garry

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I want to add a note so that the articles don?t get overlooked. I have just finished reading ?Simply the World? and I have printed it out to read again when I have a little more time, along with ?The Outside Lands?. If that is anything like ?Simply the World? then I know I am going to enjoy it.

No disrespect to your good self intended, but I think it is misleading to call ?Simply the Word? *poetic in nature*. It is more accurate to call it *philosophical in nature*, and parts of it are deeply philosophical and extremely illuminating. Although it draws comparisons between the mindset we adopt when we enter into the reading of an astrology chart, and when we ?enter? into a poem, it is a very sharp, incisive and thought-provoking piece. It reminds me of the reasons why I can never leave astrology alone :) It also makes some comments that are extremely important, about how we can so often take this ?magical? art for granted. I think that good astrological readings need a sense of inspiration, and this article feeds our inspiration ? so I encourage everyone to read it. (Don?t read the other one yet though, because I haven?t got the time to even think about that right now ?).

I am not a poetry fan myself, so I nearly didn?t follow the link. Shame on you Garry Phillipson ? you should promote the material on your site more brazenly!

Deb