Astrology text in cathedral library 1 by handn Hello This book has recently been brought to my attention, spotted by someone in their local paper. It's a book called Manuscript Treasures of Durham Cathedral, full of old texts. One of them is described as 'a rare illustrated medical and astrological compilation'. I have no information yet on what the text is called, but it's piqued my interest so I'll be making further enquiries. http://www.tmiltd.com/news/viewnews/39 Regards H. Quote Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:09 pm
2 by handn I've just noticed on play.com that the reference to astrology has been edited out. On there it's 'a rare illuminated medical and scientific compendium' I wonder how much or how little of it the newly-published book contains. H. Quote Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:58 pm
3 by handn Found this, which shows extracts, including about 'Medicine, the calendar, and astronomy: scientific knowledge in early 12th century Durham' http://www.durhamcathedralmanuscripts.com/ Quote Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:04 pm
4 by Deb The illuminations are beautiful, and its a great idea to be able to preview the contents like that. I've been to Durham Cathedral a view times - one of my favourite places in Britain. Quote Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:06 am