Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:34 pm
I?ve always treated the point scoring system as an art, and as a means to understand a chart, not an end in itself. Lilly?s point scoring system is unfair and imperfect, as any point scoring system will be. I think the real value to it is that as we go through the list of what to look at, it may direct us to something that we miss. For example, I know when I go through the list, I often forget to look at the fixed stars unless I am reminded to by the checklist.
My biggest problem with the point scoring system is that it automatically seems to give points for mutual reception, even if the affected planets are in their detriments. Take for example, Mars in Taurus and Venus in Scorpio, as they were a while ago. My SolarFire kept telling me how great this was and gave them both a big ol? plus five points for being in mutual reception. I?d only give points away for mutual reception if the planets are in their own dignities as well, or at least not in their own detriments or falls, for example Venus in Aquarius and Saturn in Taurus. It?s not there is no interaction of influences between Mars in Taurus and Venus in Scorpio, it?s just that it?s a bad interaction. I think that is Tom?s famous ?two drunks helping each other home? situation.
My other problem with the point scoring is that it treats the Sun differently, The Sun can?t get points for being Not Combust can it? It doesn?t make sense. So when you come up with a final number, just remember that it isn?t science, it?s an art.
My biggest problem with the point scoring system is that it automatically seems to give points for mutual reception, even if the affected planets are in their detriments. Take for example, Mars in Taurus and Venus in Scorpio, as they were a while ago. My SolarFire kept telling me how great this was and gave them both a big ol? plus five points for being in mutual reception. I?d only give points away for mutual reception if the planets are in their own dignities as well, or at least not in their own detriments or falls, for example Venus in Aquarius and Saturn in Taurus. It?s not there is no interaction of influences between Mars in Taurus and Venus in Scorpio, it?s just that it?s a bad interaction. I think that is Tom?s famous ?two drunks helping each other home? situation.
My other problem with the point scoring is that it treats the Sun differently, The Sun can?t get points for being Not Combust can it? It doesn?t make sense. So when you come up with a final number, just remember that it isn?t science, it?s an art.