I disagree that using these Greek terms somehow takes the life out of astrology, and I think I can get away with speaking for Bob Schmidt on this one too. In fact, looking at how the old Hellenistic astrologers did and said things, in their own words, can help bring astrology to life in a manner different then, at least, what often passes for astrology nowadays; but I?d agree that it helps to make sense to people, and using common terms can facilitate that. In a very true level, the signs are the temples where the planets receive oracles that then the astrologer through the use of his art and the grace of the immortals may read them.
At this point I feel I?m going to have to stand up for poor lil? Oiko

Here?s the entry out of the LSJ
oikodespot-?s , ou, ho,
A. master or steward of a house, Alex.225, Ev.Matt.10.25, PMeyer 24.2 (vi A. D.) : metaph., of God, Arr.Epict.3.22.4 (oikias d. was preferred by the Atticists, as in Pl.Lg.954b : so oik?n despotai X.Mem. 2.1.32 , cf. Phryn.348).
2. native ruler, opp. foreign emperor, J.Ap.2.11.
II. Astrol., of a planet, owner of a domicile or otherwise predominant, Ptol.Tetr.97, Porph. ap. Iamb.Myst.9.5, Heph. Astr.1.13, PSI3.158.80 (iii A. D.).
Now, there is the problem that the word oikodespotes gets overused in these texts, employed in designating the domicile lord, one of the chart lords, which I would call the Steward of the Chart, I think the Light of the sect of the chart, and often in other circumstances. So I can see that some wholesale embrace of the term is probably not the best idea.