25
johannes susato wrote:
irisalbus wrote:in my natal chart, there is a 0? involved (not by the Moon) but that is in Pisces....
. . . and as a little addition to the text above:
There is a very nice antiscion of your 0?-pisces-involvement (now in the ninth near its cusp) upon the POF, and as astrology on a certain level does not work without inspiration (Neptune upon your 0?-pisces-involvement) there is a certain and perhaps the most important link between you and astrology.

Johannes


Thanks, Johannes, you've enheartened me :-) I really did not notice this, and even if I had, I would not have been sure if considering Neptune was "right". Generally speaking, do you consider Neptune-Uranus-Pluto?
I know they do not and can not take part in the dignification system, but I have read they can be indipendent significators.

And Tariq,
So I was wondering maybe the Querent chart in current topic is saying....beware of astrology...if you get professional you might have troubles...


it is a possbile insight, too, thanks. Regarding "ungrateful" clients, Frawley warns horary practitionars expressly in The Horary Textbook, writing that if you prognosticate that the querent will marry in 3 years from now and that is what happens then you are a great astrologer, but if you prognosticate that s/he will marry on the 17th August in 3 years from now and it happens on the 18th August then you are the astrologer who was wrong. :-)

Iris

26
Hello Johannes,

Sorry I have skipped your longer answer.
johannes susato wrote: .... should not then querent/astrology or querent/chess be good motivated in Frawley's sense and only the connection of the good pair querent/astrology with profession or querent/chess with profession be in bad estate?

In any case your question is rising a lot of interesting problems. There is still this: whether your question is too broad because of the inclusion of the courses. What sort of configurations should a chart show giving an answer as for example: "No, do not take these courses expending a lot of money, but be a professional astrologer at once"?

Johannes


Maybe I should have cast a "Search of the Heart" chart first? Or at least publish one for you :-) Seriously, what I mean is that I know that my question refers to a certain astrology course to do in this specific period (not to astrology in general) and all this considering the possibility of earning through the profession of astrologer. And as I know what I wanted to know, the questions you ask were not issues for me.
But I think that if I was doing this horary chart for someone else, I would ask similar questions.
I think "astrology studies" as a 9th house issue and "the earnings deriving from these studies" as a 10th house issue is fine, but first, before posting here (for lack of knowledge and experience) I considered only "profession" as a 10th house issue and "earnings deriving from the profession" as an 11th house one.
Anyway, I think that if only the planet ruling the 9th house was in bad conditions and badly aspected to the querent's significator AND the planet ruling the 10th (and eventually, the 11th) house was in good conditions and in good aspect to the said significator, that could be something reflecting the situation you depicted BUT I would still not know how to distinguish between profession in general and that of the astrologer in particular, to be able to say yes to this profession for the querent.

An addition to my choice in general: as Mercury goes retrograde these days, if it was not for anything else, maybe for this reason it is really not the time to do new registrations and buying courses online :-/

Iris

27
Hello Iris,

thank you for your clarifying answers!

Forgive me this late answer, please, :D but it does not seem to be very advantageous to try to follow, testing, an author (here Frawley) who is not one's favourite, at least not in his teachings of "love and hate", Mercury being retrograde.

Of course the astrology in your question has to be understood as the astrology you ask just now, that is: the astrology teached in the internet course. And your further question was, whether you should be then, after having studied this expensive internet course, become a professional astrologer with a sufficient income.

And yes, my problem (no course but astrology as profession at oce) could be solved by a charts answer exactly as you suggest:
irisalbus wrote:Anyway, I think that if only the planet ruling the 9th house was in bad conditions and badly aspected to the querent's significator AND the planet ruling the 10th (and eventually, the 11th) house was in good conditions and in good aspect to the said significator, that could be something reflecting the situation you depicted [...]
And your problem:
irisalbus wrote:BUT I would still not know how to distinguish between profession in general and that of the astrologer in particular, to be able to say yes to this profession for the querent.
is to be resolved very easy (I think Horatio alluded to this): As your question refers clearly to the profession as an astrologer, the chart's answer refers to this special profession too.

Johannes

28
johannes susato wrote:Hello Iris,

thank you for your clarifying answers!

Forgive me this late answer, please, :D but it does not seem to be very advantageous to try to follow, testing, an author (here Frawley) who is not one's favourite, at least not in his teachings of "love and hate", Mercury being retrograde.

Johannes
Hello Johannes,

Nothing to forgive :-) I am glad we cleared this question. Thank you and the others for the interest.

Iris