The Tradition - Journal of Predictive Western Astrology 1 by Papretis Have you seen this yet? Writers contain Maria Mateus, Luis Ribeiro, Sue Ward, Martien Hermes etc. http://www.academyofastrology.org/tradi ... nload.html Quote Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:08 pm
2 by Ficina Thanks, Sari. Some very enjoyable and well-written articles there. Quote Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:00 pm
3 by Philip Graves Thanks for the link. I've just skim-read most of the articles and found them all very interesting. Funnily enough I was just discussing the unpublished works of Francis Bernard with a well-known astrologer from this forum a couple of days ago, purely coincidentally, without knowing that he was a present subject of Sue Ward's research. I must admit I wish a printed edition of the journal would be offered as well as the online one since the archivist in me has a deep distrust of digital formats when it comes to the prospects of long-term preservation of work for viewing by future generations, while the collector in me simply prefers to organise books and journals on bookcases. I was delighted to be able to buy a complete collection of Deb's former journal 'The Traditional Astrologer' on ebay a couple of years ago for ?95 for example, an opportunity that would have been denied if the journal had been kept entirely in the digital domain. But that's a minor quibble and I know it's riskier and more expensive to launch a physical journal than the digital equivalent. Philip Quote Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:22 pm
4 by Chris Brennan The second issue of the Tradition journal was just released yesterday: http://www.academyofastrology.org/tradi ... ssue2.html Quote Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:17 pm
5 by Olivia And it contains a very thought-provoking article on the Hellenistic lots, by none other than Chris Brennan Thank you, Chris - love your article and am enjoying the second issue so far - it's a great magazine. Quote Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:28 am
6 by Chris Brennan Olivia wrote:And it contains a very thought-provoking article on the Hellenistic lots, by none other than Chris Brennan Thank you, Chris - love your article and am enjoying the second issue so far - it's a great magazine. Thanks Olivia! I'm interested in seeing what other people think of the argument I presented in the paper about the rationale underlying the construction of the lots. Quote Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:00 am