Page 1 of 1

Image width in forum charts

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:40 am
by Deb
I?ve made a start on redesigning the forum pages to allow extra width for chart diagrams and pictures. With Mercury retrograde I?m probably not going to do too much for now, so don?t be surprised if there are some imperfections here and there.

Even though I'm allowing more space for images, it would really help if people kept their charts and diagrams within 600 pixels in width. Remember that many members have smaller monitors or lower resolutions, which means that they have to scroll to the right to see the ends of the lines of texts in posts that are stretched by large images. Just imagine how irritating that must be.

Thanks
Deb

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:39 pm
by 3D
Hi Deb,

Good suggestion! I reduced the size of my sketch in the thread "Parallels" and it looks better.

Cheers,
Ren?

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:08 am
by Goca
Excellent suggestion Deb! Yes it is very irritating when you must read and scroll!
I will update my post on "how to insert a chart" but here I want to suggest all who do their charts on www.astro.com and when thay go to "Extended Chart Selection", in section "Image size", do select "reduced image size 63%" and everything will be OK!

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:45 am
by Deb
Thanks Goca