Lilly and Mother Shipton's Prophecies 1 by Mark There is a lot of information on the net these days about the 16th century Yorkshire Prophetess Mother Shipton. I have even found an astrology site promoting her prophecies. What I didn't initially realise was that William Lilly was involved in publishing her prophecies in his time in a pamphlet entitled 'A Collection of Ancient and Moderne Prophesies', Printed in London for John Partridge and Henry Blunden in 1645. This pamphlet contains what Lilly calls "Shipton's Prophecy, after the most exact Copy," The 1645 pamphlet does seem very interesting not least because Lilly considered most of the prophecies to have been fulfilled before his time. It appears that the versions available on the net today usually contain much later additions and alterations to the original text. I know this topic is a bit off on a tangent to astrology but does anyone know if there are any online or CD rom versions of Lilly's pamphlet? Here is a link giving more information on Lilly's pamphlet: http://www.sacred-texts.com/pro/msi/msi04.htm Mark As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly Quote Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 pm
2 by Mark I have found the answer to my own question. The text is included in a CD rom by Christopher Warnock: Renaissance Astrology CD Library IV-Lots of Lilly. As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly Quote Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:20 am