Will my high school friend win a State Senate Seat for NM? 1 by Sunny Dawn My horary skills are a little rusty - I just don't do enough of them to stay current. Could the more experienced astrologers look this over for me, please? My high school friend (R), is running his first political race in NM. He is challenging a female Democrat incumbent who was appointed to the seat by Gov. Martinez. I did not bother with turning the chart. I simply used the location of the state capitol in Albuquerque, NM. (Placidius), and used my friend as the querent (even though I am the real querent). No fancy technique. Specs: Feb 23, 2012 8:53:20 pm Albuquerque, NM Asc 13 Lib 27 MC 14 Can 51 Note the MC degree - I take this as a sign that the horary is valid. Sirius 14 Cancer 05 Aspiration, self-importance, celebrity, leadership, emotional Friend is a debilitated Venus at 18 Aries in the 7th House. Nonetheless, if I understood this horary correctly, he is going to win his first race and unseat the unelected incumbent. My personal feeling about the significator: Venus blesses my friend - he is a natural leader, tall, very charismatic, former football player, did his MBA in the state, his grandparents hail from the state, etc... His only weakness is that he has good street smarts and handles himself well, but he isn't brilliant. He reminds me of GW Bush in that sense, but less divisive. The incumbent is a female attorney, represented by Mars Rx in the 11th House - 11th House seems fitting, since she already has the seat. I don't know her personally, and can only suspect that she might be Mars to his Venus - more aggressive, less charming (there are few charming women involved in American politics at the moment). With Venus in the 7th House, he isn't as well known as she is. People who have met him are impressed, but he is going to have to convince an electorate. Her Mars in the 11th House indicates a public platform, but I am wondering if Mars Rx means "on the way out". With the Moon as the significator of the Senate position, her significator Mars appears to be moving away from an opposition. But the Moon at 0 Aries, sign of a new beginning, is moving toward Venus. Is this a cut-and-dried "yes", or am I missing something? Thoughts and insights are kindly appreciated... All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No". My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/ Quote Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:08 pm
2 by Tanit Hi Sunny - you might want to edit your post for anonymity. Also, typically it's easier to get a response if you post a chart (or link to one). Most of us are too overworked to input the information, especially when both of the malefics are retrograde. Quote Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:40 am